Thursday 20 June 2013

Caesar Salad!

Hey!

The summer has come to Sweden in time for our beloved holiday Midsummer. Here on the west coast I will celebrate my first fish free midsummer. It will be a little bit weird not having herring as the tradition says but I will manage :) 

When the weather is warm it isn't always that fun to slave in a kitchen and sweat next to the stove or oven. That's why I love salads. They can vary so much and it's a light meal to eat in the sun. Yesterday I did a vegetarian take on my favourite salad ever, Ceasar. I grabbed some quorn fillets to replace the chicken and simply skipped the bread. Still yummy as hell. I love this salad so much.. Finally got a chance to use my real camera as well. Have some salad! Ciao!



RECIPE
Romaine lettuce
1 quorn fillet
Ceasar dressing
Olive oil
Worcestershire sauce
Parmesan cheese

How to?

  1. Heat up a frying pan with a bit of oil and fry the quorn fillet with salt and pepper
  2. Chop the lettuce and put on a plate
  3. Drizzle a bit of olive oil and worcestershire sauce over the lettuce and toss around
  4. Grate the parmesan over the lettuce and toss around again
  5. Take the now cooked quorn fillet and slice it up, put on top on lettuce and drizze the ceasar dressing over it all.
  6. Top with a little grated parmesan
  7. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment