The summer has come to Sweden in time for our beloved holiday Midsummer. Here on the west coast I will celebrate my first fish free midsummer. It will be a little bit weird not having herring as the tradition says but I will manage :)
When the weather is warm it isn't always that fun to slave in a kitchen and sweat next to the stove or oven. That's why I love salads. They can vary so much and it's a light meal to eat in the sun. Yesterday I did a vegetarian take on my favourite salad ever, Ceasar. I grabbed some quorn fillets to replace the chicken and simply skipped the bread. Still yummy as hell. I love this salad so much.. Finally got a chance to use my real camera as well. Have some salad! Ciao!
1 quorn fillet
- Heat up a frying pan with a bit of oil and fry the quorn fillet with salt and pepper
- Chop the lettuce and put on a plate
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil and worcestershire sauce over the lettuce and toss around
- Grate the parmesan over the lettuce and toss around again
- Take the now cooked quorn fillet and slice it up, put on top on lettuce and drizze the ceasar dressing over it all.
- Top with a little grated parmesan