Here is a first post, just to try it all out! The picture taken today is with my phone and not my camera, which I usually use. Give feedback please!
When I started my new green life my spouse hopped on the same train. He was happy about the decision but stated that if he want a steak sometime, he will eat it! Fine with me, I just didn’t want to cook different types of meals :)
I loved greens and vegetables for as long as I remember. When I was a kid and got to chose dinner on my birthdays I always chose baked cauliflower with cheese- and ham sauce. Cauliflower has been a favourite for a long time as you can see! My spouse on the other hand… he hates cauliflower. He do this half-pretend half-real gagging thing when he smells it. I simply had to try doing something based on this green without him knowing what hit him. Therefor I said I will be making ”veg buffalo wings” and refused to tell him what I substituted chicken with. Well… mid baking he joyfully shouted ”Oh my god that smells sooo good!”.Upon seeing it he disappointedly said "Oh no, is it cauliflower?". After taking the first bite he rolled his eyes back and said "that is soooo gooooood".
I found this recipe on peta.org and adapted it. It was supposed to be served with celery but the supermarket didn’t have any fresh ones so I chose asparagus instead. Grilled asparagus with oliveoil and seasoning is an amazing side dish. The dip is something i googled and adapted aswell, this cause I found it to be too much mayo in it. Nevermind the nachos, I know they aren't keto friendly :) Well, have a go at it if it sounds interesting! Ciao! – Shiz
Blue Cheese Dip
- 25 grams mayo (normal or vegan)
- 100 grams quark (it’s really common here, can be substituted with sourcream or a natural vegan yoghurt)
- 0.5 teaspoon vingear
- 0.5 teaspoon garlic powder
- 0.5 teaspoon worcestershire sauce(not needed but a booster!)
- 50 grams blue cheese (or tofu for vegan)
Buffalo Wings and asparagus
- 2 dl milk (normal or vegan)
- 2 dl almond flour
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small to medium cauliflower head
- 1 dl buffalo sauce
- 8 stalks asparagus
- Put mayo, quark, vinegar, garlic and sauce in a small bowl. Mix together and season. Add the cheese in bits and mix until smooth.
- Take the cauliflower and cut bits off the head, stalk by stalk. Rinse and put to dry while making the coating.
- Pour milk, flour and garlic in a bowl. Mix well. I used half flour and half crushed nachos (to increase the odds of my spouse liking it), ignore it if you wish!
- Prepare a baking dish, ovenproof. Coat the cauliflower pieces in the flour mix and place on the dish. Bake in lower part of oven at 450 fahrenheit/225 celsius for 20 minutes.
- Take the dish out and drizzle buffalo sauce over it. Then cook for another 10 minutes.
- While the cauliflower finish baking you grill or fry the asparagus in olive oil. Season and serve!